Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 02:34:26 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Alex <newsalex@arcor.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: graphics/sane-backends

On 9/26/06, Alex <newsalex@arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When will be the sane-backends port upgraded to 1.0.18?
> I need it, because mit HP ScanJet 3570c ist still not supported by FreeBSD.

When you submit the patch to upgrade it to 1.0.18.

When the MAINTAINER variable  is set to ports@freebsd.org in the ports
Makefile, it means that the port is unmaintained.

Read the Porters Hand Book[1] on how to submit an update.  Also, if
this port is important to you, you might want to consider becoming
thie maintainer of this port.

Scot

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.