Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:54:03 -0700
From:      "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
To:        "FreeBSD STABLE" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating OpenSSH on -release

Hello,

What I am trying to do is update my OpenSSH from the base system, I am
running 4.2-RELEASE, and I have cvsup'ed the -stable source tree, but I dont
want to make world, just some parts, like openssh. I dont know if its even
recommended, but heres what I am doing:
cd /usr/src/crypto/openssh
make
===> lib
"Makefile", line 19: Malformed conditional ((${KERBEROS:L} == "yes"))
"Makefile", line 19: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 21: Malformed conditional ((${AFS:L} == "yes"))
"Makefile", line 21: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 24: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 24: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 25: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 25: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/crypto/openssh.

I guess I am doing something wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.