Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:51:33 +1000
From:      Nick Slager <nicks@albury.net.au>
To:        Otter <otter@otter.cc>
Cc:        Nicolas Blais <nicblais@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1024 Cylinder prob

Thus spake Otter (otter@otter.cc):

> Nicolas Blais wrote:
> >
> > Hi!  I'm using Windows 98 on my 20Gb HD and is a partition A which is 10GB.
> > The other 10GB is for FreeBSD.  Unfortunatly, FreeBSD (5.0-CURRENT) can't
> > boot at power on when installed because of the damn BIOS's crappy 1024
> > cylinder limit.
> > Is there a way around it without having to boot FreeBSD from dos?
> >
> > BTW, I using a Microstar K7Pro in case you need this info.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nicolas.
>
> There's always Partiton Magic to do its magic to get the drive where it
> needs to be as far as partitoning goes. Some might even say fips, but
> I've never used it. I know PM works well and comes highly recommended.
> Not bad for a windows/dos app, huh?
> -Otter

Has anyone used Partition Magic for multibooting > 3 operating systems?

For example, we're currently considering a roll out of machines with 18Gb
SCSI hard drives. The machines will multi boot FreeBSD, Linux, Win2000
and Solaris.

Can Partition Magic cope with this, even if the BIOS has the 1024-cyl limit?

Nick.