Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:23:17 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File Descriptor Limits

--=====================_76254227==_.ALT

John,

As dominant as Apache is, there are significantly different alternatives:

www.zeustechnology.com, (now runs on FreeBSD 3.2+)

www.roxen.com

Neither is free.  Zeus particulary, and I think Roxen also, claims a very
small memory footprint per instance of http service and both claim high
performance vs Apache.

Of course, goosing your RAM to 512 Kbytes would be cheaper.  vbg

Len

>Any advice is much appreciated, this is new territory for me. The machine
>is eating swap space like turkey on thanksgiving so I do think I will have
>to up my RAM soon which suprises me as I only have 10-25 apache procs
>running at any given time( do file descriptors eat ram? )

--=====================_76254227==_.ALT

John,<br>
As dominant as Apache is, there are significantly different
alternatives:<br>
(now runs on FreeBSD 3.2+)<br>
Neither is free.&nbsp; Zeus particulary, and I think Roxen also, claims a
very small memory footprint per instance of http service and both claim
high performance vs Apache.<br>
Of course, goosing your RAM to 512 Kbytes would be cheaper.&nbsp;
vbg<br>
Len<br>
territory for me. The machine is eating swap space like turkey on
thanksgiving so I do think I will have to up my RAM soon which suprises
me as I only have 10-25 apache procs running at any given time( do file
descriptors eat ram? )</blockquote></html>