Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:59:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tony Holmes <tholmes@zeus.leitch.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Making a 2.2 Stable boot floopy

Hello there,

I have recently CVSUP'ed the 2.2 Stable tree and am attempting to
create a distribution for internal installs.  I and my associate
finally got the make release mechanism all figured out and working and
even got the boot floopy created.  However, when using the floopy for
installs, we end up with a page fault whilst unpacking the
distributions early in the install process.

The last CVSUP took place on Jan. 21 and was wondering if there were
any known caveats with the stable branch at this point.  We did apply
a vfs_bio.c patch posted early (I believe in this group - or maybe in
stable) with no effect (one of the panics was in vfs_...something or
other).

							Tony Holmes
							Greg A. Woods