Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:11:37 +0700 (ICT)
From:      tarika tida noinoi <tarika@ibm.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   domain name and IP Number, which come first

hi,

i just very much wonder.  between domain name that i should register with
rs.internic.net and IP Number,  which one  shall i apply for.

for example, i and my friend form a working group for some purpose and we have
our LAN with 8 to 12 machines.  we have account with some isp which give us
dynamic ip address through ppp connection.

in this case, should i apply for domain name or IP number from rs.internic.net ?

thanks in advance.

with regards,
pirat sriyotha
(tarika@ibm.net)