Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:02:53 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how's the OZ servers?

On 22 Nov 2000, at 17:00, jason andrade wrote:

> pretty stuffed at the moment..
>

> i look after ftp.au.freebsd.org.. and it's been very tough to keep a
> decent freebsd archive up to date, both in terms of disk space, but also
> because of lack of mirror support, e.g no rsync and no advance mirroring
> possible for major releases.

These were cvsup users....

> a number (most?) official freebsd archives are mirroring part or all
> of their content from us at the moment.
>
> from what sort of domains are you seeing the connections ?

Just two domains actually.  one from .com.au and one from .net.au but
they've both gone elsewhere after I asked them to refrain from using
international traffic from cvsup.nz.freebsd.org.  I asked one about what
was going on, was there a problem with the .au servers.  They said yes,
basically either unavailable or slow.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/