Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:47:58 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander <amour@bugs.elitsat.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routings

I'm running FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
and I have the following problem:
	My NIC's  ip address is  aaa.bbb.ccc.129 with netmask 255.255.255.0
and my gateway has ip adress aaa.bbb.ccc.1 so the netmask catches it.
But another problem appears, I can't access ip adresses which are not on
the network segment and are from the same network. I remove the network
and the gateway still lives, but when I try again to access the ipadresses
I can't reach them again, and When I check the routing table there is
added routings for the ip addresses which I tried to ping, but the routes
are added as if the ip addresses are on the network segment.
My question is, how can I configure my NIC from /etc/rc.conf that It'll
have netmask 255.255.255.255 and it adds the default route ?
I used to do this manually from rc.local but on boot when the daemons are
starting sendmail hangs because it tries to resolve something or to
contact my gateway (I don't know)

any help is welcome