Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 04:11:05 -0400
From:      Larry A Cook JR <cook@InfoAve.Net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISA Modem Setup on FreeBSD 4.0

   First, allow me to apologize for such a posting.  As a member of several
C/C++ mailing lists, I know how frustrating easy and often repeated posts
can be for other members.

   I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 as a development box for my MUD.  While waiting
for my LAN to be installed I have been attempting to install an internal ISA
modem without any luck, mostly due to my inexperience I'm sure.

   I have an ISA Creative Modem Blaster DI5601 which shows up as:

   Unknown0: <Creative Modem Blaster DI5601> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef IRQ5 on
ISA0

   I attempted to add "controller pnp0" to the kernel before learning that
this option was removed in 4.0.  I searched the archives for similar
problems but turned up nothing that was much assistance in fixing the
problem.  Either the "controller pnp0" was the solution to similar inquires
or they were a different problem all together.

   I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing a newbie in the right direction
as simplistic as possible.  Thank you...

Larry A. Cook, JR.
Administrator
Sue's Antiques
Http://www.sues-antiques.com