Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:51:19 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-ports@fair-ware.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with tr-ircd

I have been playing around with various IRC servers, and found that the
latest version of "tr-ircd" is in the ports collection.  I installed it
and ran it, but I can not connect to the system with any IRC client.

Just as a test, I used the source tarball "as-is", and installed it to a
different (/usr/local/tr-ircd) location.  The exact same "ircd.conf"
configuration file worked in the separate install.

I have been able to reproduce this behavior on three completely
different systems, and now believe the port to be borked in some way.

Has anyone else had any trouble getting this port to run?

Thanks!

--
Paul A. Howes