Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Rui Castro <rui.castro@sl.sgn.ellemtel.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP connection problem

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Rui Castro wrote:

> My name is Rui. I have a PC with a 133MHz Pentium and an internal
> 14400bps modem connected to COM 4.

Hello!

> I have 2 operating systems: WIN 95 and FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE and, with
> both, I am trying to establish a PPP connection to my ISP but, although
> the dialing and the login are OK, I am immediatelly disconnected by the
> remote system.  Besides this and according to my ISP I can only
> establish a 1200bps connection.  Below I attach the my ppp.log file. Can
> anyone explain me what's wrong?

Questions:

1.  How are you starting ppp?
2.  Are you sure your username and password are correct?
3.  If you generate any more logs, remove the `debug' keyword from the
`set log' line in your ppp.conf.  This will hopefully make the log more
clear by removing a bunch of the extras.

It looks like you're connecting OK, but once you send your
config-acknowledgement the remote bails out.

> P.S: Can you send me a copy of your reply directly to
> rui.castro@sl.sgn.ellemtel.net since I'm not subscribing to this mailing

Will do.