Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 2009 09:28:05 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, lacalling <lacalling@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: A problem about pkg_deinstall

Mel writes:

>  Aside what Michael pointed out, ports-mgmt/pkg_cutleaves is much
>  easier for this task. It will only delete leaves, so if b is
>  still needed by X, it will not come up on the next iteration. And
>  you get to see the short description of the package, so may
>  decide to keep it anyway...

	I'd like to suggest a better solution is not auto-deleting in
either direction.  Even if the code were perfect - of which there is
no evidence - the people are not, Unless you're (generic "you")
planning to wipe out something huge (e.g. X11, or Gnome/KDE) and
know _exactly_ what you're doing ... it's like hanging a "Kick me!"
sign around your neck.

				Robert Huff