Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 17:52:20 -0400
From:      "Steffen Vorrix" <steffen@ntr.net>
To:        "Brad Waite" <brad@ssbaptist.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Firewall Problem.

Brad...

Just for grins, I tried that... I keep forgetting to post all the things
that I have tried... :)  I created entried for both client side and server
side firewalls in the respective hosts file.  When looking at the headers
with tcpdump, I could see that the host information did infact come from the
hosts file with the information that I added.  But it still hung AFTER I
logged in, which got me thinking... If it were timing out, it should do it
before I ever log in, right?  I shoulnd't even be able to connect, right?

Steffen