Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:40:18 +0000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: staroffice from cdrom

Hullo Jonathon,

> So what is the trick to install it?

I didn't install from CD - I download all 10 files and then started from
there, but because there was something like 70MB of zip-file, and
another 130MB when this was unpacked, this did nasty things to my /usr
area :'/

I noticed that the files needed to be in
/usr/ports/distfiles/staroffice5, so I put them onto another device, and
did an "ln -s" from /usr/ports/distfiles across to where the staroffice5
directory actually was. Worked just fine (after I straightened a few
other things out, like the Checksum of the concatenated zip files being
different from the single 70MB zipfile expected by the Make.)

If you need further help, just hollar :')

hth,