Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:31:10 -0500
From:      Marc Wiz <marc@wiz.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DVD Burner (USB or IDE?)

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 05:47:09AM -0700, cp wrote:
> We need to purchase a DVD drive for backup.
> We are running 5.1 RELEASE. We have USB
> IDE and SCSI on this fairly new system. There
> are no USB devices being used now and only
> a CD Drive and single harddrive on the IDE.

While we're on this topic has anyone used a Firewire DVD burner
yet and to what success?  (This would be for 4.8)

Also any recommended Firewire cards or cards to avoid?

The hardware notes for 4.8 mention chip sets that are supported
but it's not always listed on the specs for the cards :-)

Thanks,
Marc
--
Marc Wiz