Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:03:05 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <numardbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf or ipf rules to allow p2p Limewire through

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:31:14 +0800
Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> I think you are missing the fact that limewire does not use dedicated
> port numbers. Every session uses different port numbers and the remote
> computers come in on different hight port numbers. Limewire starts off
> with a proto igmp  multicast packet to the limewire master server where
> all the other users online computers are listed.

Hi there,

not totally true, it's quite easy. You can configure your client to listen on
1 specific port, disable UPNP, and tell it to advertise itself on the same port
number . Then punch a hole from  your firewall device straight to your client
on that port (both tcp + udp) and you'll be connected QUITE well that way. you
may not make it to ultrapeer in every run, but you just may after a while ;).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Quantum Logic Chicken:
  The chicken is distributed probabalistically on all sides of the
  road until you observe it on the side of your course.

Warned.