Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:50:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ccd setup for striping

>  * what must I do in order to prepare them for use with ccd ? The manpage
>  * speaks about devices named sd2e, sd3e, sd4e, which confuse me a bit. Do I
>
> sd2e is an alias for sd2s1e (more precisely, sd2sNe where N is the
> slice number of the first FreeBSD slice on that disk), etc.  So either
> is fine.

That's easier than I anticipated. I didn't know about the aliases. Thanks
for your good explanation. Joe Greco also recommended 65536 for the
interleave. My first guess would have been 4096, because most news
articles are smaller than that, but since so many people recommend 65536,
I will make it 65536 .

Cheers,

Michael