Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:41:20 -0500
From:      "Dillion Klein" <dillionklein@hotpop.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Andrew Boothman" <andrew@cream.org>
Subject:   RE: NTFS w/ FreeBSD dual boot

I used the FreeBSD Bootmanager successfully last time. But, I ran into
the following problem(s) last time:

C:\ Primary 5GB (NTFS)
D:\ Extended 5GB w/ 5GB Logical (NTFS)

Ran the FreeBSD install and ended up deleting the D: and loosing all
the data (not too much, but this made me start from scratch again).

So, this time I have gotten this far:

C:\ Primary 5GB (NTFS)
 :\ (no drive letter assigned) (A FAT32 Primary partition, empty) 6.2GB
D:\ Extended 5GB w/ 5GB Logical (NTFS)

Now, how can I be sure when I go through the FreeBSD installation that I
use and FreeBSD format the ":\" primary partition created in advance?

I am using  Seagate ST340016A Barracuda ATA IV 40GB hard drive.

Thanks