Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:47:36 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/units units.1

"Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com> wrote:

>The size is different, but the scale was created by defining what 0 and
>100 degrees F represented, just like Celsius.

I thought Farenheit was defined based on 0 and 96, since when it was
invented it was much easier to make the graduations on a thermometer
by divisions of 2 and 3 rather than 2 and 5.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
SHANNON: EAST OR SOUTHEAST 4, BUT 5 TO 7 IN SOUTH. WINTRY SHOWERS. GOOD.