Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:00:33 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD codenames?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:34:41PM +0100, Christian Andreas Westgaard wrote:
> Linux distros often have codenames.
>
> example:
> Debian 2.2 (potato)
> Debian 3.0 (woody)
> Redhat 6.2 (zoot)
> Redhat 8.0 (psyche)
Suse 8.1 (we_got_you_by_the_balls_now_kiddo_and_we_aint_letting_go)

> Doesn FreeBSD 5.0 and 4.7 have codenames?

There was a long long discussion about this on freebsd-chat about 6
months ago.
I don't know if Operating Systems are male or female or neuter
(gramatically speaking, and being multi-lingual it sometimes causes me
an irrelevant amount of anguish).
I think it would be safe to call all FreeBSD releases,
"Never_come_on_Time" :)

I must add, my reply is meant in gest. Humour is not noticeable on
FreeBSD-questions. But, and here I am being serious, I think FreeBSD is
developing and maintaining a Heritage. It is kind of cautious about it's
offspring. I have tried on my network, for professional reasons, just
about every version of Linux around. They do not work out of the box, as
they claim to.

Well, if you want to reply to this then do so to me personally.
"Questions" is already busy enough.

--
Regards
   Cliff