Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:10:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      root <root@blane.interland.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing IPs

Hello,

Sorry for such an elementary question, but it has been 2 years since I
ever looked at freebsd.  I need to take a machine say - server1.  server1
currently has one class C mapped to it - 208.3.3.  Say I needed to mass
change the ips of the interface and the alias to 209.2.2.  I know that
IP's are assisgned in /etc/rc.conf and /etc/hosts is the same in all unix
but I have a feeling that I am missing something.  Is rc.conf the only
file I need to edit to change the IP's.  Also I found /stand/sysinstall
but I really DO NOT want to use any type of GUI.  One last one:  Is there
a seachable archive for this list?  I am sure this has been asked before
but I could not find one.

Andrew Hall