Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:56:03 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Samba problems

Hi all,

I have installed samba, and worked through the DIAGNOSIS.txt file, all works
fine from the FreeBSD server, but as soon as I try anything on windows I get
errors. The errors are password related I would say, I have tried both win2k
and win 98 clients, and both have the same problem. From Network browser I
can see the server, if from a command prompt I do a net view I see the
server and its ID (Samba Server).

The errors on Win2k are :

From CLI using the command "net view \\server " I get a System error 5,
Access Denied
From windows browser when I double click the server I get a dialogue box
with "\\server is not available, Access is not available from this account
on this machine"

On Win98 :

From both CLI and network browser I get a password error and it asks me to
re type the password.

I am using FreeBSD 4.5R (Downloaded a few days ago) Samba 2.2.2 from ports,
installed today.

I can SSH into the server from all win boxes.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | Software and Electronic Engineering
  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                          |        Ph +61 419 923 731