Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 11:44:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Thiago Sayao" <sayao@netville.com.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libraries

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 11:01:42 -0300, "Thiago Sayao" wrote:

> please, i'm having problems with the shared libs, the configuration
> scrips are not finding the jpeg, png, gif ... libs, but they are
> there! and it is in the ldconfig_path.

What are "the configuration scripts"? How are they trying to find these
libraries? How did you install the libraries? What error messages are
you actually getting and what library files do you actually have?

Given the lack of information in your mail, I have to suggest some
fairly general advice. :-)

You say that the paths to the libraries are in ldconfig_path. However,
if you haven't updated the ld.so hints since you installed the files,
ldconfig won't "find" them.

Do you see the files you have installed when you do this:

	ldconfig -r | egrep '(jpeg|png|gif)'

If not, you may need to rescan the ldconfig_path paths with this command
and try again:

	ldconfig -R

Then try again and see whether ldconfig knows about your library files.
If that doesn't work, you really will need to provide more information.
:-)

Good luck,
Sheldon.