Date:      Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:39:45 -0700
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Status of migration to ruby 1.9 as default

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 22:28:00 -0400
Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org> mentioned:

> Hi,
>
> In case anyone is interested, here's where we are with migrating to Ruby
> 1.9 as the default version:

Thanks for a nice summary.  Seems like a lot of work has been done.

So when do you want to make the switch?  I'm still not sure it's the
right time to do it as part of 9.0 release cycle, as it seems that some
of the important ports are broken and people still using 1.8 for production
(myself included).

WRT rdoc -- is there really a way to make ruby19 not install rdoc?  My
impression was that rdoc now is part of ruby and this is the way to go...

Thanks!

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE