Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:03:02 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com>
Cc:        jkim@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.6.0 patchset 1 "Brumby"

G'day Pascal,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:29:41AM +0200, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> On 8/3/07, Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
>
> > On behalf of the BSD Java Porting team, I'm pleased to announce the
> > availability of Patchset 1 "Brumby" for JDK 1.6, based on the
> > JDK 1.6.0 JRL source code.
> >
> > As usual with the first patchset for a release, this patchset may be a
> > little rough around the edges.  Its considered beta and shouldn't be used
> > in a production environment.  Having said that, it feels more solid than
> > the first patchsets for previous JDK releases and should generally work
> > fairly well.
>
> First of all Thanks to the FreeBSD Java Team for making this all
> happen ... i do believe though i have encountered a bug that i am not
> sure how to debug from here and would appreciate some assistence on:

Thanks for the report.  This looks a little like a problem we were seeing
earlier on that I'd thought was fixed.

Can you let me know which FreeBSD version/platform you're using?  I'm also
cc'ing Jung-uk Kim who did the last fix to the socket code.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org