Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:08:07 -0800
From:      "Alex Teslik" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
To:        "List freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   switching ide disk, change disklabel?

Hello,

   I am adding a new disk to the system to make my /home partition bigger.
Currently I have /home on ad0s1e. I will be adding ad1s1e. After I copy all
the data from ad0 to ad1 I want to remove ad0 and make ad1 the master on that
controller. Will I need to change the disklabel of ad1 to ad0 at that point,
or will FreeBSD automagically know what to do?
   Note that this is all on the second controller, so no booting happening
here. Just /home data.

uname -a
FreeBSD xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.com 4.9-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #1: Tue Jun
 8 19:15:51 PDT 2004
xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUALP3-RELENG_4_9  i386

Thanks,
Alex