Date:      Fri, 4 May 2007 17:25:27 -0300
From:      "Franco Vitali" <francovitali@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mountroot

I'm using some old Pentium PCs, to install and test FreeBSD 6.2

Te problem I have is when I move the HD containing the OS to another
machine, I'm prompted to specify the root partition.

I've checked the /etc/fstab file and everything is ok.

I modified /boot/loader.conf with:

rootdev="ad0s1a" and "/dev/ad0s1a" (the same in /etc/fstab)

But I keep prompted to mount the root manually when the OS boots:

Mounroot> ufs:ad0s1a

What can I do? The only solution I can think is to reinstall the system in
the new machine, but for other reasons I need to keep the installed OS.

Thanks in advance.