Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:53:36 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Nigel Taylor <nigelt@iinet.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Try to delete files

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Hi,

> Hi, in my years of using freebsd i have collected alot of distfiles in=20
> the ports tree and i want to free up some space on my harddrive and i=20
> was wondering is there a command to delete files in the distfiles folder=
=20
> that are less than the year 2000?
>=20
> Or maybe there is a program that deletes all the older releases in the=20
> distfiles? if someone could help i would be gratefully

Yes, there is one included in the sysutils/portupgrade port:

'portsclean -CD' will erase all of your stale distfiles and work
directories (see the man page for more switches).

In case you didn't know portupgrade(1), you really have to check it out.
It's a must-have :-)

Cheers,
 Simon

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH