Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:16:35 +0200
From:      "Damir Lampa" <lampa@mioc.hr>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with PCMCIA

Hi all,

I have resolved the card recognition problems, thanks to Greg, but now
system freezes when I try to dial out using ppp. What could be wrong? It
could be a conflict of some kind, but I'm unable to record anything in the
logs because it freezes.

It looks something like this:

ppp on alpha > dial provider
_ (cursor :)

The card has been set to IRQ 10, which is free, the memory window for PCMCIA
is 0xd8000, controller is set to IRQ 11. I had to add the card description
myself to /etc/pccard.conf, where I have put:

config auto "sio" ?

under the proper CIS for the card.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks a bunch, especially to Greg Smith who provided me a lot of valuable
info so far!

Damir