Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 21:34:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Short <Ashort@concentric.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Swap space.

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> About the only thing I can think of would be if the drive isn't as
> fast as you think it is.

HA!  That's the one thng I thought of too.  =)

> I suppose the obvious question is: do you need the extra performance?
> How much swapping do you do?  How much swap are you using?  How much
> file activity do you have?  Depending on the load, you might find it
> better to use the Caviar for a file system.

The one thing that I KNOW is that I don't need the extra performance...I
am sure that the box will perform admirably as my workstation without the
extra drive.  My thing is, that I HAVE the extra drive, and I want to use
it in the system where it will do me the most good.  Putting the swap on
it was the most obvious solution to me.

For the most part, it will be used to get ME familiar with FreeBSD, Unix
in general, and alot of the free software that goes along with it.
(Apache, PostgreSQL, etc....)