Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 23:45:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Native SMBFS for FreeBSD

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Boris Popov wrote:
> I'm glad to announce first public release of SMB/CIFS filesystem for
> FreeBSD. The primary goal is to test compatibilty with various SMB
> servers. This version should run on FreeBSD-current and 4.0. It will
> not run on 3.x.

Works fine here.  Could be a little less vague WRT write errors on a read
only share.

psvp# cd /mnt
psvp# touch foo
mb_get_mem(437): incomplete copy
touch: foo: RPC struct is bad

I'm not sure why it warns about password encryption either since I know it
was compiled without it.

psvp# mount_smbfs -I 10.0.1.12 //winter@MIHOSHI/D /mnt
Warning: no cfg file(s) found.
Password:
smb_encrypt: password encryption is not available

Anyhow, looks pretty good and read performance seems to be acceptable.

Good job Boris!

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |