Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 22:06:19 -0800
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        darnison@albury.net.au (Don Arnison), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dataflex and FreeBSD

Oh, gee, that's perfectly logical. If he's stupid enough to run it on NT
then so be it. Just think, the guy's been running on Xenix for 10 years
fine and NOW he's going to NT and not SCO...because perhaps he couldn't do
it with FreeBSD.

The upgrade to SCO from Xenix Costs less then NT Server...go figure.

iBCS, from my experience, might run it...but he's not OURS to lose...he's
yours so you'll need to boot it up, copy it over, and then try it.

PS - Good luck converting those dataflex programs over unless you're pretty
good at another database language under FreeBSD already.

Randy Katz

At 05:38 AM 11/2/97 GMT, Don Arnison wrote:
>I have a potential customer who wants to upgrade from a 10 year old
installation of Xenix and home grown Dataflex applications. He would like
to stick with his applications if possible. He is shying away from SCO due
to the cost. Is there an opportunity here to either convert dataflex
applications to some database application running under FreeBSD, or is it
possible to run Xenix/SCO Dataflex under FreeBSD in IBCS2 mode? If we can't
do this, I'm aftraid we've lost him to NT!