Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:34:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RSA/openssl compile problem

> OK, I browsed through the source tree to locate something looking
> like an RSA package and found  /usr/src/crypto/openssl

/usr/src/crypto is just like /usr/src/contrib - you *never* attempt
to build things out of it.  That will fail.

What you need is simply the rsaref package.  I think somebody was
supposed to improve the wording that the stubs emit, the version I
originally committed (but Peter now has sole responsibility for :)
having only place-holder text.  The real text should talk about
installing the rsaref package if you're in the US or the rsaintl
package if you're outside the US.  Of course, the rsaintl package
doesn't quite *exist* yet, but that's another story. :-)

In the meantime, I think you simply want the rsaref package even
though you're not technically forced to use it there in Germany.

- Jordan