Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:07:17 +0100
From:      "Roderick van Domburg" <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
To:        "FreeBSD-sparc@FreeBSD. ORG" <FreeBSD-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Where do I find cvsup?

> The iso should have contained the usual ports.tar.gz, which is extracted
> if you select the ports distribution in sysinstall.  Is it just not
> there?  There should be a good number of packages built so far, which
> you could also use, but as other people mentioned, no cvsup yet.

Peculiarity I ran into was that the ports collection was indeed on the ISO,
but would fail to download over FTP from every server I tried.

Also, having synced the source tree using anonymous CVS, a tar directory was
created in gnu/usr.bin/tar causing make clean to fail ("tar is a
directory").

The directory itself was empty and merely contained a CVS subdirectory. I
had to remove the directory in point to build succesfully.

Another experience I had building FreeBSD/sparc64 was that when I put
CPUTYPE?=ultrasparc or CFLAGS= -mcpu=ultrasparc in make.conf, the build will
fail because of an missing __sparc64__ definition that `make -D__sparc64__`
wouldn't resolve.

Roderick