Date:      17 Dec 96 21:14:54 EST
From:      "P. Barstad" <102142.1673@CompuServe.COM>
To:        FreeBSD Support/Walnut Creek <support@cdrom.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD CD-installation with a Promise EIDE 2300+ ctl

Hello,

Well I recieved the CD-Installation of FreeBSD 2.1.5. I took the time to read
about the Installation Concepts-and page 27 states that "FreeBSD does not
support the EDIE Promise Controller, even with all the EIDE features turned
off".

Is this true for the Promise EIDE 2300+ ctlr for the VLB?  (This controller has
a Primary EIDE interface and a Secondary IDE interface.)

If this is true, what other UNIX/OS would be a good entry into the UNIX
architecture?

Thanks

Perry B.