Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 06:42:35 -0700
From:      "Michael Gaugy" <mgaugy@ddi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Support for Digi PC/8 multiport serial card

Hi,

I put in an old Digi PC/8 multiport serial card into our FreeBSD
machine here.  We're running FreeBSD 3.1, with a rebuilt kernel to
support the multiport serial card.  I have tried various
configurations and rebuilds for getting the I/O port addresses
correct, but none seem to work.

I'm getting intialization errors during boot:

	sio4 configured irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
	sio4 not found at 0x100
	sio11 configured irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
	sio11 not found at 0x11c

Cany anyone please tell me what I might be doing wrong?  I was able to
set this up from one of the doc pages on the website, but alas,
nothing seems to be working.

Kernel configuration:

	device    sio4    at isa? port 0x100 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio5    at isa? port 0x104 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio6    at isa? port 0x108 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio7    at isa? port 0x10c tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio8    at isa? port 0x110 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio9    at isa? port 0x114 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio10   at isa? port 0x118 tty flags 0xb05
	device    sio11   at isa? port 0x11c tty flags 0xb05 irq 9 vector
siointr

Thank you.
Michael