Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 1998 14:24:18 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "David Shanes" <dshanes@personalogic.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

> Here is Tim O'Reilly's response.
> >BTW, the main focus was on internet software, not on
> >operating systems.

Of course, operating systems are the foundation on which internet
software is built.  And the promotional material for the "summit" made
that much pretty clear in its placement of the word "Linux".

If Tim would like an introduction to Jordan, may I suggest he gets a
reference to me from Greg Lehey, and then I'll introduce him to Jordan.
Of course, Jordan's not quite the jackbooted dictator(*) that Linus is,
and other members of the FreeBSD effort have strong ideas of their own.

(*) This is humour, for those of you that missed it.