Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:32:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Melici <pmelici@goes.com>

I'm installing FreeBSD for the first time, and i'm having some trouble.
With my current partition setup, i cannot get a continous block of free
space. Partition Magic refuses to move my linux swap partition. So, i
figured i would space out my partitions and make /var, /usr, etc. partitions.
I had a problem, During the partitions creation section of the install,
i had to create >4 partitions. After i create the 4th partition, i
calls the rest X. Previously, it had been calling them /dev /wd01 or
something like that. After number 4, it just wouldn't give them
reasonable names anymore. I ignored it and continued with the setup.
And, or course, when the partition format came, /dev/X did not exsist.So my question is: How do i get FreeBSD to work with more than 4
partitions on the same drive ?
Thanx for any help you can give.