Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:28:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jay K." <jk@cais.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help w/ SCSI Tape drives/Backup solution

Hi there,

   I've got several (15+) FreeBSD machines in production (2.2.2 or higher)
and I need to drop Tape Drives into some of them.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for relatively inexpensive SCSI tapes with 4G or higher
capacity?  I'm looking for a good balance between price and reliability.
I will be getting 6 or so.
   On a related note, does anyone have any experience with Backup-server
setups with FreeBSD?  Would I be better off going with something like a
DLT and a backup server?  (Are there any network backup programs
available for FreeBSD aside from amanda?)  I'm concerned about sending
many gigabytes over our network.  Anyone have some experience they could
share in this area? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jay K.
Systems Director
CAIS Internet