Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 06:47:45 -0500
From:      Anthony Fox <adf5j@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail, nonexistent domain, again

> Anthony, if your domain exists, then can you run a lookup on the actual
> box? For instance, obviously planetwe.com exist, but you can't run an
> nslookup on leila.planetwe.com - so you can't send mail from it without
> having it masquerade as planetwe.com:
>
> (from sendmail.cf)
> # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
> DMplanetwe.com
>
> this allows me to send mail as drew@planetwe.com. It looks like you
> probably have a similar situation.

This definitely sounds like the situation.  However, I changed this  and
I am still getting the same problem.  I restarted the sendmail daemon,
although I don't think that this should make a difference as the problem
is not in receiving mail.

My sendmail.cf file exists in /etc/mail.  How should I start sendmail so
that it reads the configuration file correctly?

Thanks,
-anthony.