Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 23:04:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0-stable cvsup tag

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Ludwig Pummer wrote:

> At 07:18 PM 3/4/99 , Spidey wrote:
> >Hum... No. I'm from 3.0-rel.
> >
> >Is there anything else I should do?
> >
> >This should **really** be documented in the handbook. How come isn't
> >already there? (sorry for the bad english)
>
> Um... I thought the mail said you/he was tracking RELENG_2_2 until now.

Na... I was on 3.0R, and tried to go to 3.0S, but the standard
stable-supfiles were with the tag RELENG_2_2 in the CD!!!

> If at bootup you get bootloader messages beginning with "BTX", then you've
> got the new, required bootblocks for an ELF kernel. If you don't then, you
> should probably take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/~rnordier/boot.txt

Well, I haven't got that far yet... It seems that -stable is unstable, as
I'm unable to complete a make world... but thanks for the tip!

> I'm afraid I can't offer any more help, as I went from 2.2.8-R straight to
> 3.0-S via the make aout-to-elf route and subsequent make worlds.

Was that easy? just curious...

## Au nom de l'etat,         ##
## La force s'appelle droit. ##
## Au main de l'individu,    ##