Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:47:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        Calvin <cxu@ivmg.net>, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to run OCI FreeBSD Program to access Oracle database?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Max Khon wrote:

> hi, there!
>
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Max Khon wrote:
>
> > There are native OCI (aout) libraries out there:
> > ftp://www.kuzbass.ru/pub/freebsd/oracle/oracle7.client.OCI.tar.gz
>
> ahem, sorry, ELF libraries

  Are you sure they are ELF?  After grabbing this, all I see are *.a
files, which I believe are neither ELF or aout.  I don't see any shared
libraries (*.so).  I know for certain that shared libraries are aout and
ELF specific, but I don't think *.a files are.

  For everyone else, the above file seems to contain a snapshot of the
client libs for FreeBSD taken from an Oracle 7.3.2 system.  No FreeBSD
version of SQL*Plus though.  Lots of messages files and *.sql files which
are useless without the server binaries though.  The log subdirectory
contains a log file.  Presumably the log file of the server this snapshot
was made from!

> /fjoe

Tom