Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 02:47:00 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1998 Bugs

Steve Price wrote:

> How about another theory?  IMHO FreeBSD hasn't gotten worse
> in 1998.  What we have done is increased the number of new
> FreeBSD users.  With increased exposure we find new problems
> and many times just questions that need to be resolved that
> either we haven't experienced before or have and not said
> anything about it.

> # * number of users has been increasing at a very fast rate?

I covered that base. :-)

The suggestions about decreased quality were tongue-in-cheek.
Mostly, we have a few issues causing a lot of commotion, like PCMCIA
and installation problems. You these few issues away, however
important they may be to some people, and you still have a fully
functional and rock-stable OS.

The serious note about the problem that seems to be mounting
concerning the geometric (exponential?) increase in the number of
PRs is still valid, though.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com