Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:41:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Informix libraries link problem

On my 4.0-current system I have the Informix IDS database server
running. The software runs fine, but there is a problem
with the libraries for application development.
After correcting some symbolic links in /compat/linux/usr/lib
as described here on
the list a few weeks ago I was able to compile and link some
demo applications but running the binaries results in
segmentation faults immediately after starting :(
Compiling a trivial hello-world program works fine.
Inspecting with truss gave me the impression that the errors with the
compiled demos appear while loading  various shared libraries.

The shell I'm using is a Linux shell. The PATH environment variable
contains /compat/linux/bin and /compat/linux/usr/bin as first entries.

Are there any known inconsistences between commercial linux libs,
FreeBSD and the Linux development system (I have version 0.2 installed)
under FreeBSD?

BTW, accessing the Informix server with JDBC under JDK-1.1.8 works
fine.

TIA
Robert