Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:29:11 -0400
From:      JP <johnpollock@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Domain Name

Hi,

Was going to attempt to set up a local mail server running freebsd 6.0 stable.
So far haven't set up the mail server yet, but was doing a little googling and
reading the handbook, and ran the command host -t mx <domain.tld>

NOTE: inserted my domain in <domain.tld>

When running the command:
host -t mx <domain.tld>

It returns:
domaint.tld.domain.tld

This certainly don't look appropiate.

A little background info:
The domain I own is through godaddy.com and have the dns servers pointing to
zoneedit.com to point to my static ip and domain.tld. My ISP is Bellsouth,
and won't run a reverse DNS for my domain name so I use ZoneEdit.com to point
to my home address <static IP>.

Shouldn't the comand "host -t mx domain.tld" just return "domain.tld"??
If this isn't correct how can i correct?

Thanks,
JP