Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2021 13:15:41 +0200
From:      Felix Palmen <felix@palmen-it.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cannot git clone into /usr/ports when separate filesystem

--6qk3xg3dec75bdkg

* Marco Beishuizen <mbeis.bsd@xs4all.nl> [20210406 13:09]:
> So my question is what to do next? Recreating a new .sujournal every time=
> ports tree needs to be cloned is quite annoying.

Normally, you should clone only once and use `git pull` afterwards, so
no problem here. Furthermore, if you don't really need git but just want
to keep your ports tree up to date, you might want to have a look at
net/gitup instead.

It's probably still configured to use the Github mirror for ports, so
grab the new config file (using the repo on git.freebsd.org) from here:
<https://github.com/johnmehr/gitup/blob/main/gitup.conf>;

--=20
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix@palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de
 {pgp public key}     http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt   //   """""""""""
 {pgp fingerprint} A891 3D55 5F2E 3A74 3965 B997 3EF2 8B0A BC02 DA2A

--6qk3xg3dec75bdkg

--6qk3xg3dec75bdkg--