Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kevin S. Brackett" <ksb@abyss.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   A shine of hope through the clouds for the STB TV/PCI.

Hi, After seeking support from STB, and Gateway about the board I had
given up (they had refused to give that type of support for an OEM card),
with nowhere else to turn, yesterday I was looking at Juha Nurmela's btv0
driver in hopes that he had unknowingly fixed the sound problem on the
card, he did not, but he helped me realize there was probably another
audio chip on the card, so I broke out a magnifying glass and looked again
on the chips on the board, and sure enough I found another sound chip... a
TDA7432, which is both a mono and stereo chip, which controls volume,
mute, etc etc.

So... if anyone is feeling saucy... the data sheet for the chip is at
http://www.two.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/4056.pdf...

I would code it myself but the data sheet is all gibberish to me, and my
knowledge of C is unforgiving. :)

- kevin