Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:32:45 -0800
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CVSup release info

Hi,

I have been running cvsup and I'm not sure if I've been collecting the
4.4 sources or the 4.5 sources.

I have two questions:
(1) Is there a simple way to determine what version of the sources
you've downloaded after the fact?  Is there some file in the /urs/src
directory that says, in effect, "this source directory contains the
4.4 version release"?
(2) I suspect I have to change my /etc/cvsupfile; but is there a way
to set it up so CVSup always grabs the latest RELEASE, no matter what?

Here is my current cvsupfile:
*default  host=cvsup8.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr