Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:08:52 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?devel=2Fsope=3A?= make =?utf-8?q?=28stage-qa=29?= now fails with =?utf-8?q?DEVELOPER=3Dyes?= complaining about iconv dependency

I'm the maintainer of devel/sope2 (required for www/sogo2).

Upon updating the port for an upstream version increment, I now get an =
error running "make" when DEVELOPER=3Dyes is set in /etc/make.conf. The=
 upstream project is in maintainence so I'm almost certain there's no c=
hanges in the upstream source requiring new dependencies. Especially no=
t to do with iconv.

It does NOT help if I add USES+=3Diconv to the Makefile.

I will continue to submit the ports update patches, since I use things =
like "make check-plist" and "portlint -AC" always. I suspect it may fai=
l in poudriere though.

Below is the error message after runnning "make":

gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/devel/sope2/work/SOPE'
=3D=3D=3D=3D> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
=3D=3D=3D>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
=3D=3D=3D=3D> Running Q/A tests (stage-qa)
Error: /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libNGExtensions.so.4.=
9.203 is linked to /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2 from converters/libicon=
v but it is not declared as a dependency
Warning: you need USES+=3Diconv

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

- With an updated port tree cd to /usr/ports/deve/sope2
- Add DEVELOPER=3Dyes to /etc/make.conf
- Run "make" command

--
Regards, Euan Thoms