Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:17:05 +0100
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@catpipe.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's polling code and 4.5R

Luigi Rizzo (rizzo) writes:
> Wait a bit -- next week iam going to review the code and
> MFC (with the structure that is in -current ie. the new code
> in a separate file, kern_poll.c).

	Sounds good!

	We're using the code here with 5 x fxps in our firewall, and the
	load on the box is ridiculously low (0.1 on average).

	We had it running with 2 x DFE 570-TX for a total of 8 ports,
	but whatever we tried (including activating polling) the cards
	would still go into buffer underrun, and eventually lock up.

	Until we were forced to switch to fxp, we had an ifconfig down/up
	to unfreeze the cards every 5 minutes just in case :-|

	I must say I'm not really convinced about the D-Link cards...